10 signs it’s time for a detox
- You crave sugar often
- You eat healthy but don’t feel healthy
- You have digestive issues
- Your skin isn’t clear
- You feel foggy
- You experience regular joint pain
- You struggle with your weight
- Your hormones are out of whack
- You have ‘B.O’ (body odour)
- Your body feels clogged up and sluggish
So what IS a detox?
Simply put, a detox is a process in which we make lifestyle and dietary changes to help clear our body of toxins – to help bring us back to a state of vitality.
This typically involves refraining from unhealthy habits to optimise how our body functions. Toxins are chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients and pesticides that cause us negative health effects. We are in constant contact with them. They are in our water, our food and even in the air we breathe so it’s hard to get away from them.
The source of many health issues is from toxins that have built up in our bodies over the years. Our body’s natural detoxification processes help to deal with some of these toxins – but these processes can get overloaded and become inefficient – making us feel sluggish and lacking vitality. Fortunately, there are ways to counteract some of these toxins.
Daily Detoxing made easy/simple
With little time in our busy lives it’s nice to know there are a few simple things you can do every day that can make a big difference to how your body detoxifies, and in turn – make you look and feel healthier.
Top 3 detoxifying tips
If you aim to do nothing else but these TOP 3 TIPS you are well on your way to helping your body detoxify more effectively and help you feel more alive.
- Water (filtered only) – Did you know that your body is made up of about 60% water? Drinking enough water throughout the day is possibly THE most valuable tool for detoxifying your body – it helps to flush out accumulated toxins. This doesn’t mean coffee, sports drinks or soft drink. Find water boring? Try adding lemon, cucumber or mint. Start the day with a glass of warm lemon water to jump start your digestive system and rehydrate your body.
- Herbal Detox Tea – Herbs such as Milk Thistle, Dandelion, Burdock and Nettle act as natural detoxifications tonics that support your liver and kidney function, digestive system and fluid retention. When taken every day this combination of herbs helps to tune up your body’s detoxification system and leave you feeling revitalised.
- Fibre – When we don’t eat enough fibre, toxins that we should be eliminating through our bowels get reabsorbed into the blood stream – which causes even more strain on our detoxification processes. Toxins can also build-up on the walls of our intestines stopping nutrients from being absorbed, leading to weight gain and other health problems. Fibre acts like a sponge – absorbing toxins then helping eliminate them out of the body. To add more fibre into your daily diet take psyllium hulls added to a glass of water or soak chia seeds in a glass of water before drinking.
NEW Healtheries Detox tea
Healtheries Detox Tea is a potent blend of herbs that support liver function, kidney function and the digestive system. A great tasting tea that will leave you feeling refreshed and revitalised.