Sponge cake Recipe https://healtheries.co.nz/recipes/gluten-free-simple-sponge-cake
Healtheries Jelly https://healtheries.co.nz/recipes/blood-orange-pomegranate-tea-jelly
- 1 Gluten Free Sponge cake
- 1L Healtheries Jelly
- 600ml Vanilla Custard
- 200ml Heavy whipping Cream
- 1 tin Fruit salad in light syrup
- 5 Strawberries
You can layer the trifle in single serving cocktail glasses.
Use soft fruits, Berries and peaches.
- Slice the sponge cake into thin slices or cut into squares (personal preference).
- Sieve the juice from the fruit salad and save it.
- Cut three of the strawberries and combine with fruit salad.
- Cut the set jelly into squares. If too soft it can be spooned in.
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Split all components in two or three parts. Depending on whether you would like a two layer or a three layer trifle.
- Start with placing a layer of cake in the bottom of the bowl, drizzle with the fruit salad juice, add fruit layer followed by jelly layer, custard layer and cream layer. Keeping it all nice and flat.
- Repeat two or three times until you have used up all ingredients.
- Make sure your last layer is finished with whipped cream, garnish with strawberries and refrigerate