- 500g Healtheries Gluten Free Bread Mix
- 60ml Canola Oil
- 3 tsp. Gluten Free Dry Active Yeast
- 450ml luke warm water
- 1 xTin of Chickpeas
- 1 x Tin of Corn Kernels
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1/2 cup of chopped spring onion
- Garlic, herbs, spices and cracked pepper to taste
- Follow the instructions for making the Bread Mix in the oven. Allow mixture to rise for 40 minutes in a loose sealed bag.
- While dough is rising prepare the pita pocket filling. Mash chickpeas in a large bowl, then add the corn, grated carrot, spring onion, herbs & spice. Mix thoroughly to combine.You can use this filling cold, heat through, or add1-2 eggs and form into small patties to bake.
- Line two racks with baking paper and pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Roll 10 even sized balls of dough and place 5 on each tray. Cover with baking paper and roll flat, shaping into circles.
- Bake in the oven on200 C for5-10 minutes, then remove the baking paper and bake on the racks for a further 10 minutes.Place 2 cups of water on the bottom shelf of the oven -the steam will help the pita pockets open in the centre, making them easier to open when cooked.
- Use a thin knife to carefully open the centres of the pita pockets and fill.