- 3 cups self raising flour or Healtheries Gluten Free Baking Mix*
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup soda water
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Additional flour for dusting
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 500g frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, salt and sugar) into a large bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the middle and add the soda water and cream. Use a wooden spoon to bring the mixture together. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a very generously floured bench or board. Use well-floured hands to shape into a gently rounded rectangle. Cut into 12 roughly - even pieces.
- Place on a lined oven proof tray. Make sure the scones are not too far apart. This will keep the sides soft and you’ll still be able to pull them apart easily when they’re cooked.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving with the strawberry chia jam and whipped cream.
- To make the jam: Place the frozen strawberries in a medium saucepan along with the sugar and a splash of water. Simmer for around 10 minutes until bubbling and thickening. Remove from the heat, add the chia seeds and vanilla. Mix well and use a fork to mash the lumps of strawberry, creating a relatively even texture. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.