- 2 cups flour (you could also use Healtheries GF baking mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 100g room temperature butter – cut into cubes
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup pizza sauce
- 4 slices tinned pineapple
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 100g diced free range ham
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix well. Add the butter and use your fingers to rub it into the flour until it has the texture of coarse bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and use a wooden spoon to bring it all together. Try not to overmix
- Turn the dough on a well-floured benchtop. Roll out until you have a large rectangle that is roughly 30 x 35cm.
- Drain the tinned pineapple and remove as much excess liquid as possible by blotting on paper towels or a clean tea towel. Cut each ring into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the pineapple in a bowl along with the ham and cheese. Stir together.
- Top the rolled out dough with the pizza sauce and then sprinkle evenly with the cheese mixture.
- Carefully roll the dough up (starting from one of the longer sides). Cut into 3 - 4cm pieces. The dough should yield around 10 pieces.
- Place on a lined oven-proof tray. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly golden.