- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup of dried fruit (I used an equal parts mix of diced apricots, goji berries and cranberries)
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup GF baking mix
- ¾ cups Healtheries chocolate baking bits
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup runny honey
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius. Place in the nuts in an ovenproof dish and roast for 15 minutes. Use baking paper to keep them separated.
- Lay the hazelnuts in a tea towel and rub to remove as much of the skin as possible (which can be discarded). Roughly chop the nuts and set aside.
- Combine the nuts, dried fruit, cocoa, baking mix, chocolate baking bits and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Gently heat the sugar and honey in a small saucepan until liquid. Pour over the other ingredients and spend a few minutes mixing it well. This will be very sticky and you may need to use your hands for the last part.
- Grease and line a 23cm round cake tin. Press the mixture very firmly and evenly into the tin. Use the back of the spoon to smooth out the top. Bake for 35 mins.
- Cool completely before removing from the tin and sprinkling with icing sugar.
- Store well wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.