- ¾ cup dates
- 100g butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups Healtheries GF Baking mix
- 1 free range egg
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes before draining well.
- Place dates, butter, and spices in a food processor and blitz until it is a puree. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well mixed and the dough has come together. Form a ball with the dough and place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Split the dough in half and roll out on a well-floured surface until 5mm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough.
- Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. The exact cooking time will depend on your oven and the size of your cookies. You may also need to cook in two batches depending on the cookie’s size and shape.
- Wait until completely cooled before storing in an airtight container for up to 10 days.